WHAT IS HAPPENING?
Your Eden email will be decommissioned on July 1, 2014. You will still be able to log in to your Eden account and access your existing email, but you will not be able to receive new email.
Mail forwarding and “vacation” automatic responses from Eden accounts will also stop as of July 1, 2014. Access to old messages on Eden accounts will be turned off entirely on November 1, 2014.
WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE?
In order to ensure that you have access to Rutgers email, please be sure to do the following:
- If you do not have a ScarletMail account, visit http://scarletmail.rutgers.edu and click Activate Now.
- Visit http://netid.rutgers.edu and select “Manage Email Addresses” to initiate the following:
- Set your Personalized Email Address to an alias such as email@example.com.
- Set your Scarletmail account (firstname.lastname@example.org) as a Delivery Email Account and remove delivery addresses on Eden. Add the new delivery address before deleting the old one.
- Set your Official Rutgers Email Address to the alias you selected above (e.g. email@example.com).
- These changes ensure your official Rutgers email is delivered to your ScarletMail account. Alternatively, the changes will be made for you at a future date.
- Share your Personalized Email Address (see above) with anyone that emails you at Eden. Don’t forget to update your email address for external websites (e.g. Facebook, Yahoo, LinkedIn, bank accounts, Amazon, etc.) where you may have your Eden address listed.
- If you would like to migrate your existing Eden emails to ScarletMail, please see http://scarletmail.rutgers.edu/docs/ for instructions. Access to old messages on Eden will be turned off entirely on November 1, 2014.
- If you want your Eden account deleted and all its contents erased, please contact the Help Desk for assistance.
WHAT IS NOT CHANGING?
For students needing other services – such as shell access, programming compilers, web site creation, and departmental and student organizational email services – these will continue to be available on Eden after July 1, 2014. Recent graduates from December 2013 and May 2014 will continue to have access to Eden accounts for one year after their graduation date, but no incoming email will be accepted for those accounts.
HOW DO I GET HELP OR MORE INFORMATION?
Updates will be also be posted to http://scarletmail.rutgers.edu.
Additional information for the Newark and Camden campuses can be found at: http://oit.rutgers.edu/announcements/decommissioning_student_email.html
For help, please contact your Computing Help Desk:
New Brunswick Campus Help Desk