Please join MathWorks for a free seminar on Friday, April 20, 2012, in the Alampi room, of the Marine Sciences Building, Cook Campus.
To learn more or to register, please visit www.mathworks.com/seminars/rut2012
Presenter: Brett Shoelson, Ph.D., Principal Application Engineer
9:15a.m. – 9:30 a.m.
Registration and sign-in. Walk-ins are welcome.
9:30a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Introduction to Geospatial Analysis and Image Processing with MATLAB
In this seminar, you will discover how MATLAB(r) helps engineers and scientists create robust image processing and mapping solutions. Learn how to analyze and process imagery for mapping applications, download geospatial data from the Internet, perform thorough analyses, develop unique algorithms, and visualize results. We will provide an introduction to MATLAB, Image Processing Toolbox, Mapping Toolbox, and related tools for image and geospatial data analysis. Specific demonstrations with real-world examples will show you how to:
* Create 2D and 3D maps and animate visualizations
* Access geospatial data on the Internet using WMS capabilities
* Drape aerial imagery onto 3D elevation data and calculate line-of-sight
* Simulate and visualize an oil spill numerical model on a map
* Combine and visualize multiple geospatial datasets
* Delineate basins in elevation data using watershed segmentation
* Route navigation paths around storms